"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

SEDU 183 class PSA project



During my SED 183 class we were assigned to make a video concentrating on the topic of School Resources. We decided to make it entertaining but educational. We decided to explain how to schedule at Edinboro by using the Scots system. During this opportunity my group and I came across pro's an con's. A pro was that it was easy to contribute ideas and come up with a general understand that our college has problems with the system. It was fun to go outside the box and make it our own. A con was there was no zoom on the camera therefore you had to make sure you stood in the right place while filming. I could see myself assigning a project to my future students. I would take a slightly different outlook. I would have a checklist of things they had to provide in the video. Like each group member must be seen at least once during the video, a prop must be incorporated, and it needs to be school appropriate.

How can videos be used as a instructional, assessment, and communication method? I believe video can be instructional by setting standards for the video that they must complete a list of things throughout there video. As a assessment method they can be used to see the overall point portrayed during the video. Finally, video can be used as all sorts of way to communicate. Such as they can be a news cast, argument, or just as a way of expression.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this video! Your group did a great job at showing the issues with scheduling at EUP. I thought the video was very funny. Great job at keeping your audience entertained and interested!

    ReplyDelete