"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Interaction in the Classroom

When your presented a website that makes learning easier for children, why not use it? I recently discovered a Educational Tool called Studyladder. As I browsed the website I came across all topics taught in elementary schools worldwide. For example, they have mathematics, literacy, science, art, music, etc. When you choose the subject you want to work with it sends you to a list of different concepts within the subject of your choice. One pro of this tool is that it provides you with lesson plan ideas for the provided topics.  Studyladder motives and enthuses students to learn. It's very simple. All the students have to do is enter their username and password and they can view all learning materials the teacher wants them to work with. A con of this tool is that you have to pay money per month to get more in-depth lessons, where you could probably find a similar program that has the same ideas with no cost to it.
I believe I could use this tool to mix up my teaching style. Instead of lecturing the whole class, I could briefly discuss the topics and then have them log onto the site to learn more information. This would be a plus for the students who are an interactive learner. Another strategy I could use for my classroom is to have the students choose the quizzing activities and answers the questions. I can view all the students results in one place and record them in the grade book very easily.  Last, I can show use the program as an interactive activity during class time and have them raise their hands to pick the answer.
Overall, this website would be an alternitive way to present information to children without it get boring or old. Each lesson uses different concepts making the students excited to learn.

1 comment:

  1. I just looked this up, and I think it is a great site for teachers. It is also going to be helpful for us as we move up in our education classes. The lessons are focused on an active classroom, and they cover a wide variety of different concepts. This is one of the first sites that seems to provide for the many levels of students in a classroom.

    ReplyDelete