"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bullying is a BIG deal.

        Bullying in elementary/middle/high schools has really taken a effect on students, authority figures, and parents. This issue presents many physical and emotional effects on the one being harassed. I truthfully believe bullying programs need to step up even more to protect future victims. In most cases, long-term affects will prevent the victims from going along with their normal lives. It's very common for at least one of you (if not more) to say they have been bullied. Today's world is all about being popular and putting others down to make yourself feel better. Educators MAY stop some bullying but OTHER TIMES the one doing the bullying may be someone they like or their parents may be a big provider for the school, so they look away.
        Personally this is one thing I WILL change in my classroom. No matter how much love I have for a student I will not tolerate bullying. It is a very serious matter and will only keep continuously happening if you pretend like nothing ever happened.
  

3 comments:

  1. Where is the substance? What about statistics? What about case examples? Develop this into a thoughtfully presented argument. Anderson Cooper has a big special on this coming on CNN. It is a big issue. I just think you are scratching the surface. Dig and go big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bullying is a problem that really concernes me and makes me feel so bad for the children. I too will take a stand and make sure that this is not an issue in my classroom. As educators, not only do we need to be aware of the problems in the classroom, but we need to be there to listen to the students who are struggling. Many students cannot get support at home, so it is important for them to have support during the school day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see your serious about the subject, but I need more information about the subject.

    ReplyDelete